Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Saturday, July 28, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Why a Central City Dog Walk?
· A designated central city dog walking area where dog owners and their pets can take relaxing walks together on-leash is a tremendous community enhancement.
· Dogs create a sense of community. People are brought together on a dog walk and conversations begin.
· Dogs, by their nature, help deter crime. Central City Neighborhoods will grow stronger and safer as those people walking their dogs become the eyes and ears of the community.
· The dogs and their owners will have a safe environment to walk
· A well-exercised dog is a happier and healthier dog.
Key features of proposed Central City Dog Walk include:
(1) Entry point available at several locations
(2) Shade & water (doggie water fountain)
(3) Adequate drainage
(4) Grass area with routine maintenance;
(5) Bag stations and on-leash signage
(7) Wheelchair accessible
(8) Safe location - not isolated.
Dog Walk Restrictions:
· Dogs will be restricted to paved pathways in Bethesda Park and are not allowed in the playground area and/or hard surface tennis court area.
· All dogs will be on a 6’ leash at all times and held by a person of sufficient size and strength to restrain the dog if needed.
· Owners must always clean up after their dogs. Containers with bags will be provided.
· Aggressive dogs (or people) should not enter the dog walk.
· Dogs will only be allowed in Bethesda Park during regular park hours.
· Dogs must wear a collar with identification at all times, be licensed and vaccinated, healthy (have no contagious conditions or diseases), and be parasite free.
· The number of dogs per person is limited to three.
· Dogs shall not chase or disturb wildlife.
Hello Central City Neighbors
We have some exciting news for you about the possible initiation of a Central City Dog Walk in and near the downtown. It could be close to your neighborhood so we wanted to be sure you were informed.
The City of Waukesha has had great success and many accolades related to the Dog Park in Minooka Park that encouraged us to approach the city about the possibility of a dog walk in our central city neighborhoods. The Waukesha Park and Recreation Department has agreed to consider it.
We have enclosed a map that includes the proposed area for the walk as well as placement of signage, fountains and bag holders. We will be proposing some fund raisers as well as it will be necessary to raise approximately $10,000 to fund the fountain and the ongoing need for bags.
We have outlined some of the reasons and requirements for the consideration of the dog walk that will be discussed at an upcoming meeting. We encourage you to contact either of us at your convenience to discuss any questions or concerns that you might have.
Thank you for time
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Saturday, July 21, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
Wiggy saves the day, for now... The official news here...
Mayor Scrima and the Smart People.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
DNR backed us up...
Have you seen this guy?
County fair news 1 and 2.
Running a tight ship.
This is not an easy task...
Corner office for M.H.?
Important element in the Total Recall remake.